2012 Indian Grand Prix
I was stationed at Sauber Ferrari as a garage scrutineer with the following tasks
- Scan all the tires that were used over the weekend using a barcode scanner
- Provide a detailed report to the FIA for any changes made to the car while they are in parc-ferme
- I got to see them disassemble all body panels, inspect the car and put it all back in a grand total of 30 min.
- Make sure any unauthorized modifications have been authorized by the FIA
- Make sure that the qualification tires from saturday were used for the start of the race
The coolest bit of all was getting a part of a brake duct from Kamui Kobayashi's car signed by all Sauber mechanics and the team principal Monisha Kaltenborn
A huge thanks to Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India for having me as a scrutineer for the 2012 Indian Grand Prix.